Zoning Ordinance and Land Development Regulations Rewrites
To ensure that the Zoning Ordinance and Land Development Regulations Rewrites are an open and transparent process, we’ll post important documents created throughout the process here for download.
City of Columbia
- Columbia Consolidated Public Review Draft, December 2017
- Columbia Module 1 Public Review Draft, May 2016
- Columbia Zoning-Land Development Regulations Assessment, February 2016
Kick-off Workshop (Shaping Columbia)
- Kick-off Workshop Results Summary, May 31, 2015
- Current Zoning Ordinance and Current Subdivision Regulations (external link)
- The Columbia Plan 2018 (external link)
- Plan Columbia Land Use Plan adopted February, 2015 (34MB pdf)
Note: For best performance, it is recommended that the plan be downloaded and opened in Adobe Reader. If you encounter issues with the above file, try this alternate version.
- Richland County Module 1 (public review draft), January 2019
- Richland County Code Assessment, January 2018
Richland County Code Discussions (Kick-off Workshops)
Plan Together Resources Archive
The documents below were created during the planning processes for the City of Columbia and Richland County, which concluded in early 2015.
City of Columbia
Plan Columbia Workshop
- Presentation slides from Jun 26 (Part 2)
Summarizes what we learned and introduces the Plan Framework.
- Strong/Weak Places composite map
Summary map of the Strong Places/Weak Places group activity conducted on June 24.
- Development Types Handout
Summarizes the Development Types that are currently in draft form. Once the Development Types are finalized, they will be mapped and will help guide the city’s future land use plan.
- Framework Map
This draft framework map was presented on June 26.
Open House (September 2014)
Choices Workshops (July 2014)
- Community Choices Report
- Agenda and Frequently Asked Questions
- Workshop Presentation
- Future Land Use / Priority Investment Areas
- Goals and Guiding Principles
- [draft] Future Land Use / Priority Investment Areas Map (county-wide)
Community Conversations (Kickoff Workshop, April 2014)